25th August 10am-2pm Tasmanian College of the Arts, Inveresk, Launceston.
Celebrate the launch of the Tassie Food Forest, University Open day, Fair food week.
This a FREE market, just bring something to share, family & friends for a day of fun.
We have 3 great workshops but welcome more, so let us know the skills you can share:
– 10 am Seed saving, collecting and storing by Heather Thorpe and Sharon Campbell-Zeni
– 11 am the Whole Lemon by Tanya Murray from Suburban Jubilee
– 12 noon Urban Bee Keeping with Ian Hewitt from EEE’s Bees & Malcolm Bowden
If you are wondering what to bring we welcome all the following:
– artists, musicians, poets and their work!
– home grown or foraged fruit and veggies
– edible plants, seeds, seedlings, cuttings,
– pots, potting mix and labels for plants
– small plastic bags and containers for seeds
– baked goods (need labels of ingredients)
Other great events for Fair Food Week 19th-25th August.
– Wednesday 21st August 6pm Urban Argriculture Forum hosted by Hannah Moloney with Hobart City Council & Urban Farming Tasmania as guests, Sustainable Living Tasmania
– Saturday 24th August Source Community Food garden Share Festival (Hobart) and Soil Biology and Health by Letitia Ware
– Sunday 25th August Permablitz Hobart by Hannah Moloney and Tempeh making at home Moonah